Allen Lim’s buddies had been eating his rice desserts for years – in the course of the Tour de France, the Olympics, and on weekend rides. Here’s how you could make them at domestic. Dr. Allen Lim has made lots and heaps of rice cakes for cyclists, be they Tour de France teams or weekend warriors. Here, he walks you thru the procedure so that you can make your personal experience food. From candy to savory, mild to wild, there are countless variations on rice cake flavors. But right here is the recipe for Allen’s unique rice desserts, with bacon and eggs. As you could see within the video, Allen isn’t afraid to feature or subtract ingredients based totally on what sounds correct or what he has accessible. For instance, in this video, he substitutes maple syrup for brown sugar. Allen also demonstrates a way to roll the rice cakes in foil parchment paper for easy shipping and use at the motorbike.
2 cups raw Calrose or other medium-grain “sticky” rice
1.Five cups of water
eight oz. Bacon
2 tablespoons liquid amino acids or low-sodium soy sauce
grated parmesan (optionally available)
1. Combine rice and water in a rice cooker.
2. While rice is cooking, chop up bacon earlier than frying, then fry in a medium sauté pan. When crispy, drain off fat and soak up excess fats with paper towels.
3. Beat the eggs in a small bowl, after which scramble on high warmth inside the sauté pan. Don’t fear approximately overcooking the eggs as they’ll break up without problems mixed with the rice.
4. In a big bowl or inside the rice cooker bowl, integrate the cooked rice, bacon, and scrambled eggs. Add liquid amino acids or soy sauce and sugar to taste. After mixing, press into an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan to about 1.Five-inch thickness. Top with more brown sugar, salt to flavor, and grated parmesan, if preferred.
5. Cut and wrap person cakes. Makes approximately 10 rice desserts.