Mestre Jamaika of Salt Lake Capoeira brought four of his students to reveal to us what Capoeria seems like, as he defined what it’s far and wherein it came from: “It is an Afro-Brazilian martial art which incorporates elements of bodily and mental power, splendor, and power. It’s an ‘entire martial artwork’ in that it contains a sizable spectrum of motion and way of life; it consists of kicks, floor moves, self-defense, acrobatics, music, and way of life.” Salt Lake Capoeira is a capoeira faculty and performing institution placed in Salt Lake City, Utah, and directed by Mestre Jamaika (Mauro Romualdo), a 3-time Brazilian Capoeira Champion with global appearance and teaching enjoy. You can watch them at the Urban Arts Festival developing on September 21 and 22, 2019.
Derek Dyer with the Utah Arts Alliance informed us more approximately the festival:
” The Utah Arts Alliance is proud to announce the ninth Annual Urban Arts Festival on September 21 and 22 nds at the Gallivan Center and McCarthey Plaza in Salt Lake City, Utah. The FREE pageant functions 150+ artist companies, song, and dance performances, stay portray by Utah`s top avenue artists, Hard N Paint Basketball Competition, Urbeez Kids Zone, Lowrider Hop-Off & Exhibition, and more.
Nine FM Festival Stage on Saturday, September 15 th maybe Hip Hop pioneer SLICK RICK – THE RULER. This Grammy-nominated, English-born rapper will be hitting the KUAA 99.9 FM Stage for a Free Concert on the Urban Arts Festival on Saturday, September 21st at 8 pm! In addition to his enormous track career, Slick Rick is a renowned storyteller, businessman, philanthropist, and fashion designer. The Utah Arts Alliance is thrilled to bring this Hip Hop Legend to THE BLOCKS in Salt Lake City! Headlining the KUAA ninety-nine.
The Urban Arts Festival is the most important FREE network artwork occasion in Utah, fun for all ages. Produced by using the Utah Arts Alliance, the pageant draws tens of heaps attendees and showcases loads of artists, performers, and musicians. The festival has obtained numerous awards consisting of being named as the ‘Best Indie Art Event in Utah.'”
What you will find there:
● More than 150 artists displaying and promoting the whole thing, from artwork, photography, and prints to earrings, clothing, and sculpture.
● Expanded footprint to encompass Regent Street and McCarthey Plaza on Sunday, nine/22
● Two tiers showcasing track and dance from the neighborhood and journeying artists
● Hard N Paint Street Basketball three-on-3 Tournament and Slam Dunk Contest.
● New this year – Lowrider Exhibit and Hop-Off
● Live portray demonstrations from Utah`s top mural and road artists
● Food Truck League rally, including a Vegan Bloody Mary Brunch on Sunday, nine/22, noon – 3 pm
● Robeez Kids Zone, backed through Dominion Energy, gives an area for competition kids to play and create!